Hey guys, If you’ve been reading for a while you will know that I struggle with Social Anxiety. I’ve told you about the panic attacks but that’s not the only thing that comes with my anxiety. I mean that’s the part that sticks out the most. But there is more to it then just the attacks.
One of the biggest things I notice is along with the pain from a panic attack comes, what can best be described as an anxious haze.
Imagine a scale, not like the digital kind but the ones to compare measurements with anxiety on one side and energy on the other. As the anxiety goes up, my energy goes down. We went to cedar point a few weeks ago and while I wanted to film and share it with you my energy was dropping faster than the roller coasters.
Then to compliment the lack of energy my brain goes fuzzy too. So much so that I literally catch myself holding my breath because my brain doesn’t tell my lungs to breathe. I can’t focus at all. Although to be fair I can’t focus too well anyway, but, during anxious moments it’s worse.
Wich brings us to the next day. I spend the whole next day sleeping. Typically after a particularly difficult day, I’ll manage to stay awake for maybe 8 hours the whole day. That day usually goes like…
Wake up at 7 back asleep till 10, in bed til 12, decide I need to get up and moving. So I take a shower, dry my hair, do my make up, asleep around 1… up at 4 go down stairs in an attempt to stay awake but sleeping again by 8.
wake up at 7 back asleep till 10, in bed til 12, decide I need to get up and moving. So I take a shower, dry my hair, do my make up, asleep around 1… up at 4 go down stairs in an attempt to stay awake but sleeping again by 8.
So here are 5 thing to get you though that post anxiety day…
- Cozy Clothes. Leggings and baggy hoodies are the best! Especially if you’re -I’m- going to be sleeping all day. Although tbf I practically live in leggings and hoodies anyway… I will never make it as a fashion blogger.
- Your favorite movie. One that you’ve seen a million times is best so if, like me, you lose focus you won’t get too lost. Plus turning on your fave movie will surely boost your mood.
- Get ready, take a shower, take a bit of time with your hair and make up. If you think you look better you’ll feel more up to being semi productive.
- A cuddly friend. I mean a day spent cuddling a cat doesn’t seem like it was too much of a waste, right?
- Candy. The sugar is a great way to boost your energy.. Skittles are pretty much necessary the whole time.
The one thing I always forget is to be patient with myself. Anxiety does not have a switch to turn off, It’s not a choice I make each day. I can choose to accept it, and figure out how to work around.