Hi guys, I’m here with another #beautiesonfire post. This week the theme that was voted for is Retro. Actually it had tied with last weeks “back to school” look, so this week we took on the retro look
This look was inspired by the 80’s. Now I know I should have done up my hair nice and big too, but I mean, I’ve only got 2 hours of nap time, so I didn’t have time to do up my hair and then undo it. I mean if you really want me to try and do my hair up real big let me know maybe I’ll try it and put it up on Instagram. For this retro 80’s look I thought bright colors would be best. (ok so maybe I only picked this for the opportunity to experiment with bright eye shadow colors) Here is a break down of products I used and the order I used them.
- Maybelline Face studio Master Primer blur and redness control.
- L.A Colors White Jumbo eye pencil.- I started with this as a base and blended out the edges with a Beau Gâchis Paris – Smudge Brush. Using a white base helps to make the bright colors pop.
- Three color Eye Shadow– I have this in Yellow, Pink, and Blue. I started with the blue on the outer corner of my eye with a Coastal Scents Medum Shadow brush . Then I patted the yellow on the inner corner of my eye with a Beau Gâchis Paris – Eye Shadow Brush. Using the same brush I patted the pink on the center.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation
- Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette–
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous conlealer in light– I used this in a shade lighter then my foundation to brighten up under my eyes then blend it with a Real Techniques Setting Brush.
- Pixel Concealer– This one is the same shade as my foundation, to cover blemishes. I use a MODA Complexion brush to blend it in
- Pixel Party Proff Liquid liner-to carefully line my upper lash line.
- Rimmel London Lasting finish by Kate Moss,Lipstick- I used the color 28
- Maybeline Lash Sensational Mascara- This is definitely my favorite mascara.
As I said earlier this is part of the beauties on fire collab. I am having such a great time reading every one else’s posts and you should too just click the image below to be taken to the original post and link up.