When I’d seen the topic was Futuristic I wasn’t sure what I was going to be able to come up with. But when I think of “futuristic” I think of a lot of silvery blues. Plus I had the perfect lipgloss, that […]
So, I don’t know if you noticed but I missed last weeks #beautiesonfire post. That week was chaotic and the weekend was very busy. Also I was trying to get my blog set up on here as opposed to the old site. […]
So, I don’t know if you noticed but I missed last weeks #beautiesonfire post. That week was chaotic and the weekend was very busy. Also I was trying to get my blog set up on here as opposed to the old site. So please be sure to subscribe with your email, so you won’t miss anything.
This weeks theme was Halloween. I love Halloween. I mean when else do you get to dress up, and get candy? I mean if I could walk around in a tiara, and ask people candy all year round with out people thinking I’m insane I totally would.
I was talking to my sister about what I was going to dress up as, she suggested mad hatter. We were looking at different costumes on pinterest. So that’s what I think I am going to be, I haven’t bought a costume yet. This is what I came up with…
I am very happy with this, could I get away with wearing blue and red eye shadow? Please? What I did…
- LA Colors, Jumbo Eye Pencil- I started with white as a base to make the colors pop. Then I used it to make my face a bit paler by drawing lines down my face and then blending it in.
- Nyx Sex Bomb shadow palette– I used the red color for under my eyes, and blended it, then I used it to fill in my brows, and I also used a tiny amount as a blush.
- La colors 3 color eyeshadow – Mine is yellow, pink, and blue. I used the blue all over the my eyelid.
- Color Icon Eyeshadow collection – in comfort zone, by wet n wild. I used a little of the green over the blue to give it a more teal like color, but you can use a greeny blue color instead of a green and blue.
- Model Launcher Felt Tip Eyeliner– in Emerald Isle. To line my upper lash line.
- Wet n Wild Color Icon liner- In white, to line my upper and lower waterline.
- NYX liquid suede – In kitten heels, for lips.
- Wet n wild, Max fanatic mascara- I don’t know how I feel about this mascara. It’s annoying in the way that it doesn’t seem to fully dry. like my lashes feel sticky all day, but I like the way they look. But my other more dramatic mascara ran out, so I used this one.
I love the way this turned out. I kind of want to wear it all of the time. For Halloween I will probably use foundation and concealer and all of that I’m not real sure why I chose not to for this. Also some red hair spray paint. What are you guys doing for Halloween?
also this post is a part of the #Beautiesonfire collaboration, it’s a group of 20+ beauty and fashion bloggers.
Hi guys, I’m here with another #beautiesonfire post. This week the theme that was voted for is Retro. Actually it had tied with last weeks “back to school” look, so this week we took on the retro look This look was inspired by the 80’s. Now I know I should have done up my hair […]
Hi guys, I’m here with another #beautiesonfire post. This week the theme that was voted for is Retro. Actually it had tied with last weeks “back to school” look, so this week we took on the retro look
This look was inspired by the 80’s. Now I know I should have done up my hair nice and big too, but I mean, I’ve only got 2 hours of nap time, so I didn’t have time to do up my hair and then undo it. I mean if you really want me to try and do my hair up real big let me know maybe I’ll try it and put it up on Instagram. For this retro 80’s look I thought bright colors would be best. (ok so maybe I only picked this for the opportunity to experiment with bright eye shadow colors) Here is a break down of products I used and the order I used them.
- Maybelline Face studio Master Primer blur and redness control.
- L.A Colors White Jumbo eye pencil.- I started with this as a base and blended out the edges with a Beau Gâchis Paris – Smudge Brush. Using a white base helps to make the bright colors pop.
- Three color Eye Shadow– I have this in Yellow, Pink, and Blue. I started with the blue on the outer corner of my eye with a Coastal Scents Medum Shadow brush . Then I patted the yellow on the inner corner of my eye with a Beau Gâchis Paris – Eye Shadow Brush. Using the same brush I patted the pink on the center.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation
- Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette–
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous conlealer in light– I used this in a shade lighter then my foundation to brighten up under my eyes then blend it with a Real Techniques Setting Brush.
- Pixel Concealer– This one is the same shade as my foundation, to cover blemishes. I use a MODA Complexion brush to blend it in
- Pixel Party Proff Liquid liner-to carefully line my upper lash line.
- Rimmel London Lasting finish by Kate Moss,Lipstick- I used the color 28
- Maybeline Lash Sensational Mascara- This is definitely my favorite mascara.
As I said earlier this is part of the beauties on fire collab. I am having such a great time reading every one else’s posts and you should too just click the image below to be taken to the original post and link up.
Hi guys. I’m back with another Beauties on fire post. This week the theme is back to school. I graduated High school 10 years ago (Now I feel old) but the kids started school last week, and since I have to drive […]
Hi guys. I’m back with another Beauties on fire post. This week the theme is back to school. I graduated High school 10 years ago (Now I feel old) but the kids started school last week, and since I have to drive my preschooler I’m going to be going back to the school.
Our preschool doesn’t provide transportation. So I drive the kids, which has worked out well for the older ones as they didn’t have to take the school bus. My life is so much easier that way. If you follow me on Twitter (or have read Monday’s post It’s not always sunshine and butterflies. ) you might remember that we missed the bus on the first day. Two of my kids only come every other week, so this was my first week trying to get her on the school bus. Thankfully we’ve been home before the bus drops her off. But Miss Sharon starts next week, so she’ll need a ride back and fourth, and I’ve still been picking up my spoiled niece (She hates the bus)
So I’ve been seeing a lot of “how I did my makeup in high school” posts, and I’m not going to do that. My makeup skills were very… um, limited. I’ve said it before, messy eyeliner and an entire disco ball of glitter. This is more of a “how I should have done my makeup back in high school.”
With this being a “back to school” look, I thought it would be best to find a quick makeup look. I don’t know about you, but when I was in school, I was awful at waking up early enough to catch the bus in the morning. More often than not I would wakeup to the bus being out side, throw on whatever outfit I could find, and out the door. I did my makeup on the bus.
For this I used…
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon– In the color Creamy Chocolate. I bought this last week and I am loving it. It’s very pigmented, and lasts all day. I applied this all over my eyelid, and then blended the edges,
- ELF Cream Eyeliner– With an angled brush, I lined my upper lash line.
- Wet n Wild color icon kohl liner pencil– After lining the upper lash line, I went over my water line with this.
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous conlealer in light– To brighten up under my eyes.
- – To cover any blemishes.
- Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette– I used this for highlight, blush and contour.
- Maybelline facestudio master fix setting powder– This powder will set your makeup, but it will also allow you blend in your blush and bronzer.
- Maybeline Lash Sensational Mascara– I went for my favorite mascara, I love the volume and definition this mascara gives.
- Cover Girl, Katy Kat Matte Lipcolor.- In the color catoure (kp10). I just ran out of my fave nude matte lipstick. So I bought this hoping that it would be the same, or at least clost. I am super happy with this. it’s as close as I could manage with out buying a new one. This lip stick is amazing, It’s the perfect shade for what I had in mind.
This post is a part of the #beautiesonfire Collaberation.
I know very little about comic book heroes. What very little I do know about them is from a musical on youtube called Holy Musical B@man! So it’s a group of people who met in college, They wrote and performed a parody of Harry Potter, and […]
I know very little about comic book heroes. What very little I do know about them is from a musical on youtube called Holy Musical B@man!
So it’s a group of people who met in college, They wrote and performed a parody of Harry Potter, and put it Youtube. It did well and they created and uploaded many more parody musicals. I love musicals, and the sillier the better. So if you like silly musicals then search Team Starkid on Youtube and enjoy.
Anyway, for this weeks collab post I didn’t want to do a popular look, like Harley Quinn, she’s been quite popular since the Suicide Squad came out. I also know that a few of you are doing Poison Ivy, and I’m not sure if Cat woman is a hero or a villain. I thought she was Batman’s girlfriend, but I also think she’s a villain. I did try to do a batman look, but as I was uploading the photos I didn’t like them. Then I remembered from the musical a villain called Mr. Freeze. I’ve been dying to use my Anastasia Beverly Hills Moon Child Palette so it seemed perfect.
For this look I used:
Jesses Girl-Pure pigmented eye dust in baby blues- I used this over a white jumbo pencil. With a white creamy base the pigment will stick better, and the color will pop.
Beaute Basics Gel Liner in Navy Blue– I used this on my top lash line with an angled brush. Then some of the lower lash line too. I also used this to very carefully line my lips too.
Then I used a very old (like I got it back when I was still in high school old) NYC eye shadow wand. I can’t find it on line but any icy blue lipstick or jumbo pencil should suffice.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Moon Child Highlight palette– I used the color blue moon to highlight with a tiny bit of star.
You can use any foundation, blush, contour, and mascara.
This post was created as part of the #beautiesonfire collaboration post to find every one else’s post